Bangladesh Dental Society(BDS), is the only registered national organization representing all the graduate dental surgeons in Bangladesh. We have more than 9500 members, which represents approximately 96% of all registered dentists in Bangladesh. Established in 1977 and now the organization run and regulated by an elected body which constitutes 49 Executive Members.The BDS is Bangladesh’s leading advocate for oral health. We are the collective voice and strength of dentistry.
The primary objectives of Bangladesh Dental Society are to explore and expand dental science in Bangladesh, to build skill professionals as well as to ensure and provide optimal oral health care service to the nation.
Lets work together to take our profession to a new height.
Our mission is improve the oral health of the public by innovation in education, training, research, advocacy and related programmes. This translates into a commitment for dental excellence. Therefore, BDS is dedicated to supporting dental professionals in their practice by enhancing, updating skills and knowledge.BDS endeavours to accomplish its mission of optimal oral health for all by:
- Supporting new scientific innovations to meet the changing needs of society and promoting the well-being of the nation.
- Preventing oral diseasesby promoting oral health through awareness and dissemination of information.
- Conducting Continuing Dental Education (CDE) and professional development Programmes to ensure an adequate number of talented, skilled and dental care professionals.
- Coordinating and assisting scientific and research- related activities among all sectors of the dental community.
- Promoting the timely transfer of knowledge gained from research to improve public health by educating oral health professionals and policy- makers.
The association’s vision is to improve oral health and quality of life and achieving `optimal national oral health for all’ by 2020. We also aim to represent the dental profession and support members in the provision of comprehensive and quality oral health care.
The Code of Ethics are set of principles of professional conduct, a benchmark to which the dentist must aspire when fulfilling their duties to their patients, public, profession and colleges. It promotes ethical conduct, professional responsibility and facilitates dialogue on common problems in dental practice.